June 1, 2010

Crispy Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes

So I think I have made this chicken recipe before, but it was BB (before blog), so who knows what I thought of it. The recipe is from Food 52, which is a wonderful site run by two women where readers submit recipes and they test some of them and ask other readers to try others. This chicken turned out crispy and moist, but I felt the coating was lacking in flavor somehow. You season every "dredge" step, so I don't know how it ended up so blah.
Three steps of dredging!

The broccoli turned out well, but it always does. You can find the recipe on this earlier post of mine. The potatoes, however, were a hot mess. I have tried a bunch of different roast potato recipes that always claim to be the best, or make the perfect potatoes (which this one did) and I am always disappointed. Unfortunately I can't find where on the great internet I got this "perfect" potato recipe, but that is fine, since I wouldn't recommend using it anyway! The quest for the perfect roast potato (crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside and plenty salty) continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment