June 10, 2010

Prosciutto wrapped chicken

With broccoli of course, because why would we have any other vegetable?

I had planned to just cook the chicken breasts in the pan and call it a night, but when I saw the opened package of prosciutto in the fridge, I was like bring it! (MM and I made "fake" pizzas earlier this week with whole wheat flatbread, tomato sauce, mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil.) 

One of my favorite ways to make plain chicken breast is to mix up a bowl of olive oil and dried Italian herbs and then brush both sides of the chicken with it. Very simple, but imparts lots of flavor. I had already mixed up the herbs, so I continued with that plan and then wrapped the prosciutto around it. Then you just cook the chicken in the pan over medium heat as you would normally. The prosciutto got nice and crispy and added pleasant saltiness to the chicken.

And I don't think I need to say anything about the broccoli, except that I may have filled my quota for the month (year? my whole life?).

1 comment:

  1. You need to try new vegetables -- you seem to consume a TON of broccoli! :)

    ReplyDelete