Look at all the colors!
This is another Relish recipe that we thoroughly enjoyed (and actually felt healthy while eating). It came together pretty quickly and was satisfying.
Adapted from Relish
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup prepared chunky salsa
2 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 romaine lettuce leaves chopped
1/2 avocado, diced
1 small tomato, diced
1 green onion, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the chicken breast on a small rimmed baking sheet (I used a metal 8-inch brownie pan) and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered until cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Let cool and cut into small cubes.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, black beans and salsa.
4. Arrange tortillas on a large rimmed baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese, then chicken mixture.
5. Bake until heated through, the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp, about 10 minutes.
6. Top with lettuce, avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.