June 8, 2010

Skillet baked ziti

Cheesy unhealthy goodness!

I made skillet baked ziti last night, which is a recipe I got from the Serious Eats website, which they had adapted from the Best Skillet Recipes book by Cooks Illustrated. This is a good one. Certainly not for those nights you want something light, but is a delicious treat. I followed the recipe mostly, except I used a can of crushed tomatoes instead of chopping whole ones in the food processor (faithful blog readers will know how Marshal Mike feels about cleaning the food processor), and I added a couple chopped carrots in with the sauce because they have been in the fridge for awhile and needed to do something. I also omitted the red pepper flakes because they are gross. I have a hard time measuring cheese, so I just dump tons in, I have no idea how much I used. How could a dish be worse with more cheese? (Well, perhaps my arteries could find a reason.)

The best part of this recipe is that you just throw everything into the same pot. There is not a lot of fussing or anything. The recipe says that it serves 4, but it could easily serve 6 or more. I don't know whose appetite they base serving sizes on, but they are always way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment