June 23, 2010

Salted Oatmeal Cookies

Salty!

I think these are Marshal Mike's favorite cookies. In fact, the only two desserts he requests are these and peanut butter brownies (and although I have tried making pb brownies from scratch, he prefers the box). I got the recipe from the Washington Post, who adapted a recipe from DCist, who had tried to replicate a Teaism cookie. I have never tried the Salty Oat cookie at Teaism, so I don't know how they compare. 

An ice cream scoop makes a perfect cookie dough mound!

I used French gray sea salt on my cookies, but I am sure you could use any coarse salt you had on hand. You do have to plan ahead when you make these, as the dough has to chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before baking.

Marshal Mike happened to successfully arrest a bandit he has been looking for this morning, and I would like to think it is because of the salted oatmeal cookies! Another one of DC's finest citizens off the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment