June 14, 2010

Blueberry-Oat Quickbread

Wow, that picture is so dark, do you live in a cave?

I know, I took the words right out of your mouth. 
So I was trying to find a way to use up some of the remaining buttermilk from the cupcake baking extravaganza last weekend and decided to try this recipe for Blueberry-Oat Quick Bread that I had printed awhile ago. It turned out ok. It baked for 75 minutes (recipe says 50-60 minutes), which is absurd and it ended up really dense. I have come to the realization that this dense bread and my dense vanilla cupcakes last weekend may be because my baking powder expired in 2006. Yes, folks, that's right, 4 years ago. It must have been laughing at me the past 4 years: "You want your food to rise and be fluffy? Ha! You fool!" So yeah, lesson learned and a new container of baking powder was purchased this weekend. The baking powder's ineffectiveness unfortunately does not explain my oven's ineffectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment