May 5, 2010

Sesame Chicken

From MarthaStewart.com

I have realized that I have no abilty to take pictures of food. The photo I took of this meal last night looked awful. Luckily, Martha Stewart takes pretty pictures.

So this dish was pretty good (you can find the recipe here). Marshal Mike liked it better than I did. I thought it needed a little more flavor and reading the reader reviews on the website this morning, lots of people wrote in saying to double the sauce. So I will certainly try that next time. Another thing that could have affected the taste was that I used Basmati rice instead of brown rice, because that is what I had on hand and I didn't feel like buying another package of rice. I normally love Basmati rice, so I don't know what the problem was. Maybe it was because I was cooking at about 9:30pm and my brain and taste buds were shot.

Overall, this recipe is worth trying and we will probably make it again. It comes together pretty quickly once you have everything in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment