May 25, 2010

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Romaine Salad

Last night I made Real Simple's Crispy Chicken with Creamy Romaine Salad. The recipe calls for chicken cutlets, but I couldn't find any pre-cut, so I bought breasts. I thought about cutting the breasts in half, but was too lazy, so I just made the whole breasts. The chicken turned out beautifully (just had to cook longer). So moist on the inside and the cornmeal crust was wonderfully crunchy and tasty.

The romaine salad was ok. The creamy dressing was just kind of weird and it turns out that Marshal Mike doesn't like red bell peppers. The salad only has three components: romaine, red bell pepper and dressing. Whoops, wish I had known he wouldn't like 1/3 of the salad. Oh well. I would definitely make the chicken again, but would serve it with something else. Maybe just a mixed greens salad or some other vegetable. 

We are having "Fancy Hot Dogs" tonight - sounds great, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment