May 11, 2010

Farfalle with Spring Vegetables

On Sunday night, I made farfalle with spring vegetables from the May 2010 issue of Food & Wine. All I can say is make this dish tonight! It was great.

Mise en place!

The fennel got pleasantly sweet and the broccolini was tender and flavorful. Frozen peas are frozen peas; I am sure it would have been better if I had used fresh, but I forgot to look for them at the store. I used more lemon juice than the recipe called for, but I am not going to juice one half of a lemon and pitch the rest of it. I also managed to forget the scallions somewhere at the grocery store. I remember picking them up, putting them in a bag and in the cart, but they weren't on the receipt and were no where to be seen at home. Oh well. 
My pictures are getting better, no?

I would make this again, no question, and may find an excuse to make these croutons and add them to everything. So salty, crunchy and flavorful from the herbs (and I used sourdough bread, which helped I think). If you look at Food & Wine's picture you can see that the croutons were supposed to be small (oh, they call them bread crumbs, mine were certainly not bread crumbs), but I couldn't be bothered chopping bread that finely. These worked just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment