May 12, 2010

Pork Schnitzel with Warm Potato Salad

On Monday night I made Pork Schnitzel with Warm Potato Salad from Food & Wine's May 2010 issue. It was all around a delicious meal and one of the only times I have made breaded pork (or chicken) and the breading actually stayed on! The pork ended up moist, crunchy and delicious. The potato salad could have used a little less vinegar, but it certainly got better as it sat. Marshal Mike worked really late on Monday (there were 134 lockups they had to get through! DC bandits out in full force!) and I ended up making the potato salad about and hour before we ate and then briefly reheated it after the pork was done.

The only issue I ran into was the crisp parsley. It says in the recipe to make sure the parsley is completely dry before dropping in the oil (and I watch enough Food Network to know that water on herbs plus oil do not mix). I washed and dried the parsley about an hour before I used it and thought it was dry. Well, it was like a hot oil firing range when I dropped it in! Pop pop pop pop! Danger! It eventually subsided and I didn't get burned, but whoa, that was a shocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment