June 15, 2011

Sesame Soy Braised Bok Choy and Kohlrabi


I knew I had to use the CSA kohlrabi and when at the grocery store over the weekend, I noticed that the baby bok choy looked good. I thought, let's put the two together and use Asian flavors. Luckily, when I got home I found this great recipe on the Blue House Farm website. What was even luckier is that I had all the other ingredients on hand except peanut oil (I used canola oil) and the fresh ginger (I used dried, ground ginger). As you can see from the picture, I cut the kohlrabi in large matchsticks and threw them in the skillet when the bok choy stalks went in.

I was feeling lazy after all that chopping and gathering of ingredients, so instead of making rice, I made a package of the Seeds of Change "Ready-to-Heat" mixture of seven whole grains. I had a coupon to try a Seeds of Change product and I was impressed. It comes in a microwaveable packet and you just tear it slightly to create a vent and stick it in the microwave for 90 seconds. The grains had good texture and were delicious. I will certainly be buying it again.

Overall this dish was great; I love the flavor combination of soy sauce, sesame, ginger and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment