June 1, 2011

Cheesecake Cookie Dough bars

Cheesecake is not one of my favorite desserts. I usually like it when I eat it, but it isn't something I crave or ever have the desire to make or order. But, it has been so hot lately that I liked the idea of a cool treat, and really, isn't everything better with cookie dough?

I found this recipe on the blog, My Baking Addiction. As you can see, my bars don't look anything like the picture on My Baking Addiction's page. We'll call mine "rustic." I think one of my problems is that my ratio of melted butter to graham cracker crumbs for the crust was off. I had too many crumbs and not enough butter, so it didn't hold together well. Second, I could have baked the bars longer, but I was impatient and I had already left them in the oven 5 minutes longer than the recipe indicated.

All in all the bars turned out ok. They taste great right out of the fridge, but the "cookie dough" doesn't taste like real cookie dough; more just like sugar and chocolate, which isn't bad, of course, but it isn't what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment