March 10, 2011

Pasta with Chickpeas and Charred Tomatoes


This is the third recipe I have made in my quest to eat more vegetables and use my food magazines (see first and second). This recipe came from the February 2011 issue of Bon Appetit.

Honestly, this one's a little weird. It you love hummus you will probably love this dish. I used whole wheat pasta because I had a half of a box in the pantry, but I think this would be better with regular pasta. The whole wheatiness of the pasta just kind of competed with the hummus, the sweet tomatoes, the salty olives, the chickpeas and the assertive cilantro. The flavors seemed to be separate and didn't meld as one complete dish. I most likely will not be making this again. But, on the flip side, I have rediscovered the enjoyment of eating hummus with toasted pita. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment