March 7, 2011

Pasta e Fagioli

The cat bowls never get old!

The decision to make this dish was in the same vein of the previous post: vegetarian and from a food magazine. This hearty recipe for pasta e fagioli comes from the December 2010 issue of Everyday Food.

I was super impressed at how flavorful this soup is. I followed the advice of the recipe header and used 3 cups of vegetable broth so it would be more soup-like. Do not leave out the Parmigiano-Reggiano rind - it adds so much flavor! (I have had two rinds in my freezer for months and was excited to finally use one!) I also added about 1/4 cup mascarpone at the end because it was sitting in my fridge just screaming to be used. If I made this again I would probably only use two celery stalks, but that is just because I don't like celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment