March 1, 2011

Homemade Ricotta

(Sorry, Lilly, I forgot to take a picture!)

Run, do not walk, to the grocery store to buy the ingredients to make your own ricotta. This is literally one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted. AND it was super easy to make.

Remember my "mathematical" equation for deciding to make a dish? Well, this recipe for fresh ricotta was easier and tastier than the Irish Soda Bread. But, the two do have their creator in common: Ina Garten. Although, I have to be totally honest with you, my loyal BlB readers, I found this fabulous recipe through GOOP! I know, Gwyneth Paltrow comes across as a total nut in some of her emails, but some are normal and great - like this one.

For my bruschette, I followed a Food 52 recipe for Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest. This is the perfect appetizer (or dinner, depending on how many you eat). All of these flavors work so well together. I would absolutely recommend making these for your next party!

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to have been one of the ones to get to try this ricotta!!! Amazingly delicious is the best way to describe it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad there is no picture :(
    But I must try to do this soon! My mom would really be impressed! xoxo Lilly

    ReplyDelete