July 12, 2010

Al Karl's Smoked Pork


Marshal Mike and I were in lovely Cape May, NJ this past weekend for my friend Amy's wedding. (You can see the cupcakes I made for her shower here.) We had a fabulous time and stopped at my friend Nicole's family home in Wildwood Crest, NJ on the way out of town on Sunday. Nicole's parents, Nancy and Al, sent us home with a piece of smoked pork that Al had recently cooked. It was delicious! You can see from the above picture that I cubed it and added it to a tortilla with melted cheese, caramelized onion and fennel, black beans and cherry tomatoes. The perfect dinner to use up the vegetables that were lingering in the kitchen. Thanks again, Scoot and Moose!

And because this is a pet-friendly blog, below are pictures of the Karl family pets:
Hutchie ("Marshal Mike, I don't want to sit on your lap!")

Hank the Tank

Nezzie (aka Edith)

No comments:

Post a Comment