April 28, 2010

Best Jarred Pasta Sauce

Sometimes you want dinner that will come together in about 20 minutes and be delicious. Last night's dinner was one of those meals. And in the process, I discovered the most delicious jarred pasta sauce I have ever tasted. I am not sure what it was that made it so delicious, but it certainly was. Unfortunately Marshal Mike is still recovering from his nose surgery, so he couldn't really taste it. "It tastes great, but I can't really taste it." What?
Now, this sauce is not cheap. It is listed for $9.49 on the Lucini website. I bought it on sale at Harris Teeter and I don't remember how much I paid for it (I am a sucker for things on sale), but I will certainly buy it again. I used half a jar of sauce and half a bag of Trader Joe's mini ravioli (also worth a try if you have never had them) and it made three servings. So provided I can get three servings out of the rest of the jar, that works out to about $1.58 a serving. Not too bad, when you break it down like that.

I added in cubed mozzarella and fresh basil to the warmed sauce before mixing it with the cooked ravioli. Simple, quick and satisfying.
 Basil plant is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment