April 20, 2010

Baked Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto

We are only in town for a couple days this week before heading to St. Louis for Lilly's wedding, so last night I was trying to use up some things in the fridge. I ended up with a delicious baked pasta (again, I am sorry, I neglected to take a picture).

Ingredients

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 carrot, diced (how long have you been in the crisper drawer??)
3/4 lb rigatoni
1 15oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 15oz can tomato sauce with Italian herbs
1 1/4 cup frozen peas
3 oz Prosciutto di Parma, chopped
1 cup grated mozzarella
1 cup grated Parmesan

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. 
2. Heat olive oil until shimmering in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until just soft. Add carrot and saute another couple minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until just al dente. Drain.
4. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to onion and carrots and simmer until the pasta is done (about 10 minutes). Stir in peas and drained pasta.
5. Transfer to baking dish (I used a 11x7 inch dish) and distribute prosciutto over the top. Then sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.

I meant to sprinkle some chopped basil on the top when it came out of the oven, but it was about 8:30pm and I just wanted to eat! I suppose that explains why I didn't think of taking a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment