October 19, 2011

Sesame Soy Braised Mei Qing Choi

Wow, I am 0 for 2 with these last two pictures!
When I was trying to figure out what to do with the Mei Qing Choi, I decided that since it looks like bok choy, I was going to treat it like bok choy. I remembered that delicious sesame soy braised bok choy and kohlrabi dish that I made earlier this year and decided this should work well in the same preparation.

As you can see in the rather hideous picture, I didn't have as much Mei Qing Choi as the recipe called for, so the ratio of cabbage to rice is a little off, and I didn't let enough of the liquid evaporate, so I ended up with a Mei Qing Choi and brown rice soup. But I didn't mind; it was delicious. I used fresh ginger this time, too, because I had some leftover from last week's cabbage disaster. I could actually taste the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment