September 6, 2011

Farfalle with Kale and Lentils


Yum yum yum. This was so delicious. I absolutely recommend going to the store and retrieving the necessary ingredients to make this tonight.

I had some kale sitting around that I wanted to use up (I was obsessed with making kale chips when I got back from California two weeks ago) and I love lentils, so when I found this recipe on Epicurious, I knew I had to try it.

It reminded me a little of a lentil pasta dish I made last year, but the caramelized onions and the carrot (my addition) in this recipe added a subtle sweetness that just added layers of flavor to the overall dish.

I followed the recipe as written except that I added about a pound of carrots cut into a small dice to the lentils and cooked both in vegetable broth instead of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment