September 16, 2011

Basil Hummus


Calling all hummus lovers! This is an excellent variation on traditional hummus. And it contains no tahini, which I know can be a divisive ingredient for some people.

I found this recipe on the blog Simply Recipes, which is a blog that just about everyone who reads food blogs reads. (Does that sentence even make sense?) As you can see, I used the purple basil from this week's CSA, so it doesn't have the vibrant green color you'd get from regular green basil. I didn't have any pine nuts, so I used 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds. Ever since I made purple basil pesto with almonds a couple weeks ago, I find I actually prefer the taste of almonds with basil over the flavor of pine nuts.

In the end, if you like hummus, you will like this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment