February 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

I had three ripe bananas on the counter and decided it was time to make another loaf of banana bread. I love banana bread, if you couldn't tell by this, this, and this.

I found this most recent recipe on Joy the Baker's blog, which I just love. She is very clever and her pictures actually make her food look good, unlike mine that look like they are taken in a dark cave. (Note to self: find a job that lets you stay home during the day to cook and photograph using natural light.)

This bread turned out well. The only changes I made to Joy's recipe was that I don't have allspice, so I left it out and I decided at the end that I didn't want to add peanuts (even though I dug them out of the cupboard). As you can see in the picture, I did add some mini chocolate chips because I had about 1/3 or 1/2 cup remaining in a bag.

The best part about this bread? The ground flaxseed! The Bananas Foster bread I made a couple weeks ago also had ground flaxseed in it (both recipes are adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. Coincidence? I don't think so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment