January 23, 2011

Bananas Foster Bread


I really love banana bread and like to try different recipes as evidenced here and here. I found the latest on the cleverly named blog, Ezra Pound Cake. It is, oddly enough, adapted from a Cooking Light recipe.

Well, nice work, Cooking Light! This bread is fantastic! I don't even think it needs the glaze on top. (And beware eating the glaze on its own - it tastes like a shot of rum!) The ground flaxseed is a great addition; I love the way it changes the texture of the bread so much that I think I will add it to all future banana breads.

My only change to the recipe is that I don't have allspice, so I used equal parts ground nutmeg and ground cloves. And I had to bake mine for an hour, which is what the original recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment