August 2, 2010

Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries


I really love turkey burgers, so I decided it was time I tried to make them myself. We don't have a grill, so I just used a grill pan on the stove top. I used Martha Stewart's Favorite Turkey Burger recipe as a guide. I didn't have any Gruyere, so I used Parmesan and I didn't have any scallions, so they were omitted. The buns I bought at Trader Joe's were a little smaller than normal sized buns, so I made three burgers out of a half pound of ground turkey. MM almost finished two. Overall, I was pleased with the burgers; they didn't dry out, but they were still kind of missing something. They were fast to make, so I will definitely try again. (Perhaps with the remaining half pound of meat in the freezer!)

My brother had left behind a sweet potato from his stay at our house, so I made oven fries to go with the burgers. I was hoping they would be crispy, but they weren't at all. Good flavor, but no crunch. I guess it can be hard to get sweet potatoes crispy if you don't fry them.

No comments:

Post a Comment