August 23, 2010

Sicilian Spaghetti with Fennel and Onion

Beige, beige, beige, beige!

My dear readers,
I know I have been absent for awhile and for that I am sorry. I just haven't been cooking much. Blame it on travel, being uninspired and way too hot. DC is trying to kill its residents this summer. I am also sorry that my first dish is this boring, not very good, monochromatic disaster. 

I have never made a Rachael Ray recipe that I liked. (Maybe that should have been my first sign.) This one is from her cookbook, Express Lane Meals, which I received as a gift a couple years ago. I am trying one more recipe from it this week and if it is unsuccessful too, then I will be giving away a cookbook! Leave a comment if you want it!

I really felt like this recipe had potential. It has fennel (yum, fennel!), toasted bread crumbs with parsley and pine nuts (I love parsley!), and there is (usually) nothing wrong with onion. The resulting dish was just boring. Nothing special. Poor MM straight out said he did not like it, would never eat it again and did not want it leftover for lunch. (To be perfectly honest, it was slightly better leftover for lunch than as dinner.) I am not even going to bother typing out the recipe; believe me, you don't want to try it!

So, dear readers, let's hope for better food the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment