May 18, 2011

Lentils with Roasted Vegetables and Crispy Prosciutto

Kind of a moody looking dish!

Hey, look, more roasted vegetables! And honestly, this wasn't one of my successes. I think the ingredients weren't quite right.

First, I still don't like turnips. I bought baby white turnips this time, hoping that they might be better than last time. Well, they're not. Slightly more edible than the turnip root, but still not pleasurable. (A friendly reader told me to try Tokyo turnips, but I haven't seen them at any of my grocery stores.)

Second, on a good note, I cooked the lentils in vegetable broth and I loved the flavor it gave them. I will be doing that from now on.

Third, and this may be hard to believe, but I didn't like the crisp prosciutto as much as crisp cooked bacon. It certainly wasn't bad, and it still contributed that crisp, saltiness I love, but I found myself wishing it was bacon. I realize this is practically sacrilegious for an Italian to say, but at least I am being honest with you, folks!

I won't bother writing out the recipe, since I wouldn't really recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment