January 25, 2011

Butter Roasted Cauliflower

I think that this recipe could make a non-cauliflower eater turn into a cauliflower believer! I found the recipe on Joy the Baker's blog. If you have some time to spare, I would recommend hanging out on her blog for awhile. Her pictures are gorgeous, she's funny and she has a really cute cat.

I followed her recipe (minus the red pepper flakes), but I don't know what kind of magic oven she has; I had to up the temp of mine to 415 and I had to roast the cauliflower for 40 minutes until it had browned in some places and was tender. The sharp acidity from the lemon juice and the parsley's crisp freshness at the end is really what makes this dish. I would decrease the amount of garlic next time; between that and the lemon juice, I had to eat a piece of bread just to absorb the acidity in my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment