September 28, 2010

Cavatappi with Sausage and Tomato

Wow, kind of looks like every other pasta dish on this blog...

This recipe is from an old Williams-Sonoma Pasta cookbook that was my Auntie Pat's. It can also be found on the Williams-Sonoma website.

It is a simple recipe, which I appreciate on a weeknight, but also quite satisfying and delicious. MM loved it (even went back for seconds) and it reheated beautifully for lunch (I think the flavor even improved overnight). The most time consuming part is dicing and seeding 1 lb of tomatoes. (And no, I did not peel them. Are you kidding?)

On a side note, I think cavatappi (also called cellentani) is my favorite pasta shape. I love how the sauce gets stuck in the center of the pasta and, of course, as should be the reason for all things I purchase, I think it is pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment