March 9, 2012

Curried Ground Turkey with Potatoes


This is my second attempt at this recipe from Simply Recipes. The first time around I was underwhelmed, but this time it was much better.

I think part of the reason it had more flavor is that I bought 85% lean turkey instead of whatever I bought last time, which I am sure was 95% or 99%. I also consciously seasoned the ingredients at each stage instead of just at the end. I used a 15oz can of diced tomatoes with their juice instead of fresh tomatoes and they worked great. I also added a 15oz can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, per my own suggestion last time, and honestly, they didn't add much and I found myself eating around them.

Ultimately, this is a filling, satisfying dinner that tastes even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment