October 1, 2010

Wide Noodles with Broccolini, Feta, Lemon and Pine Nuts

Photo from Washingtonpost.com

This recipe was featured in the Washington Post's "Dinner in 20 minutes" column (although on their website, it says "Dinner in 25 minutes"), and for the first time in my life, I was able to make dinner in the time it took for the water to boil and the noodles to cook. Such an accomplishment!

This dish was pretty good. It didn't wow us. The recipe only calls for lemon zest and I didn't get any lemon flavor from the finished product. If I make it again, I will certainly use some juice too. One thing I did learn from this dish is that Trader Joe's block of feta cheese is super delicious! Not too salty and harsh as a lot of brands of feta can be. It was creamy and actually made me want to eat feta plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment