July 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies


These are insanely peanut buttery and insanely delicious!

MM loves just about any dessert that has peanut butter as an ingredient, so I am always on the look-out for recipes. My friend Allison forwarded this recipe from a runner's blog she reads.

I have to admit I wasn't paying full attention to the recipe when I made them and I ended up putting in over two times the called for amount of peanut butter.  Luckily, as my mom assured me, sometimes mistakes end up being successful. Now, I couldn't imagine making these with less peanut butter!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Accidentally adapted from Eat, Run, Read
makes a 13x9 inch pan

Ingredients

2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.

2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until well blended. Add the chocolate chunks.

3. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes (mine was done at 20 minutes) until a toothpick comes out clean. Don't overcook them!

No comments:

Post a Comment